Misaki Tokura (from Cardfight!! Vanguard)

Your favorite gal(s) in peril from cartoon shows/ movies

Moderator: Suicide

Kattobingu

Misaki Tokura (from Cardfight!! Vanguard)

Post by Kattobingu »

A certain deviantartist, whose name I won't mention, would not take my requests for the main female character of that one card-game anime, so then I figured "Why pay for DID drawings when I can make my own?" So, in about a week, and having not drawn in years, this is the result.

There's not as much rope as I would like for there to be, but you gotta start off small, right? :P

I opted to go for that one outfit she wore during Season 2...

... but eventually, I realized that it was just a recolor of her one outfit from Season 1.

I passed on drawing her key that she commonly wears around her neck, and I did not draw her skirt in full detail because of the awkward angle I made her sit in. Nonetheless, I am proud of this, and I hope you like it too.

If anyone would like to color it, please feel free to do so. In fact, I would welcome it. :D

Also, any constructive criticism to improve my artwork is also welcome.
Last edited by Kattobingu on September 12th, 2014, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miho

Re: Misaki Tokura (from Cardfight!! Vanguard)

Post by Miho »

solid work there, I don't know the girl, but this came out pretty cute, especially after time spent not drawing as you said, nicely done
Kattobingu

Post by Kattobingu »

Thank you very much, Miho! :green:
DiD Rulez

Post by DiD Rulez »

Very nice, was this your first attempt?
http://didrulez.deviantart.com, full of damsels in distress drawings, turtlenecks and socks wearing damsel, oc girls and superheroine. Feel free to check it out :)
Kattobingu

Post by Kattobingu »

Thank you, DiD Rulez! I used to draw a lot when I was a kid. Aside from one non-DID picture I drew of Asuka Tenjoin/Alexis Rhodes from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, which was still years ago, this was my first attempt in a long time.
DiD Rulez

Post by DiD Rulez »

O I see, there's no rust on you :D
http://didrulez.deviantart.com, full of damsels in distress drawings, turtlenecks and socks wearing damsel, oc girls and superheroine. Feel free to check it out :)
Kattobingu

Post by Kattobingu »

Again, thank you!
DiD Rulez

Post by DiD Rulez »

Welcome 8)
Kattobingu

Post by Kattobingu »

Just made another pic, which I have entitled Misaki's Judgment.

This time, it's based on a "what-could-have-been" scene from season 4. What happens is that after Misaki loses a children's card game to a loli named Rati Curti (who is the girl in the upper right corner of my pic), she delivers "Judgment" on Misaki, which is thorny vines spiraling around Misaki, not shown to actually make contact with her and yet still hurt her. As this was one of the few chances for a canon DID scene within the anime, I was thoroughly disappointed that there wasn't any plant bondage as the scene led me to believe. So, envisioning how the scene ought to have been, this pic was born.

As much as I slightly prefer long-haired Misaki, she had her hair cut at this point in the story, so I had to go with it, but her short hair still has charm to it. Aside from omitting to draw the key she often wears around her neck (again), I decided to just use regular plant vines as the bindings instead of thorny ones like in the original scene. My main reason for this was because the thought of Misaki (or any damsel, for that matter) being bound by thorny vines would mean that I would also have to draw injuries like cuts or blood, both which I personally don't like seeing on damsels (and also because I did not want to draw all those thorns). BTW, in case you can't tell from the lack of color, that is a plant vine that's gagging her. And honestly, I think the hardest thing for me to draw was the heart after "Judgment!", lol.

Furthermore, while browsing through Pixiv, I learned I wasn't the only one inspired to make DID art based on the scene. So, as added bonuses, here are a couple of those artworks (NSFW warning for the last pic):

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... d=43535766
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... d=45076488

Well, thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope you enjoy! If anyone would like to color the pic, or give me constructive criticism on my art, please go ahead!
Last edited by Kattobingu on September 16th, 2014, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miho

Post by Miho »

silly, but cute work here, nicely done
Kattobingu

Post by Kattobingu »

I don't entirely know what you mean by "silly", but thank you anyway, Miho!