The Great DiD Hunt continued

Alerts on upcoming DiD scenes in television shows and movies.

Moderator: Suicide

somedude37

Re: The Great DiD Hunt continued

Post by somedude37 »

I think from my point of view its just that I've search through 50 billion different cartoons that have produced exactly ZERO content for DiD. Even with main female protagonists and side characters. Even with set ups that are ripe for April O'Neil like situations. And still they produce nothing. So to be expediently pessimistic towards a show that produces this many scenes (including 3 gag scenes), after people worked hard to uncover them, was harsh.

My reply wasn't so much that you had that opinion toward it. It's that this opinion has been expressed in nearly every post that I can think of. Hell we've all expressed disappoint with a series or scene from time to time. I just DID that with the Anti-Alert Korra post I made. But I think the snark in my comment came from frustration that this is always the case in your comments when new scenes are found. The negativity is blindingly more apparent than the positivity or (in some cases) even the "thanks" given to people for finding them. So if my comment came off as an attack or snarky, that is the reason why, I was frustrated with the pattern. And for that I apologize.

Now that that's out of the way I actually found another DiD for Tiffany in episode 48. I was looking intently online for any left over files and it lead me to a long dead page on the French Download site DownParadise (the site is still around but this page is long gone). The download or at least the link to it was still catalogued in google luckily and i was able to grab the scene. (sadly I'm at work atm I'll share the dl as soon as I can if anyone is interested). The scene has Tiff chairtied (no gag) by a phantom of the opera type villain. In the later seasons it seems like things are better animated as well which is nice.
Points taken. I think since I have not been able to pitch in and check whole series of cartoons/anime for years aside from the stuff I can watch on dvd, I sorta lost sight of the fact of just how many shows are complete duds. But I know that you're absolutely right about that. There's a ton that are just real stinkers in the DiD department. Like you said, even the ones that seem primed for DiD scenes galore often come up small in that department. I should know better than to fall into that trap of getting my hopes up with a particular show like that before it is checked, but it's hard to resist that sometimes.

Keeping in mind how barren of DiD most shows are, I'll try to be more grateful of what we do get out of shows from now on, and not be so negative all the time. As I said, it's more of an overall personality thing with me that bleeds into my DiD-hobby, but I realize that it can be depressing to others. For the record, if anybody thought that I was unappreciative of scenes they've found, that was never my intention, I only meant to nitpick with the scenes themselves. But it's a fine line and I can see how those kind of comments could be easily taken as ungrateful. So I'll make an effort to keep things more positive from now on.

As for Tiffany and Kangoo, good work finding another scene. That just goes to show, like I said, some scenes may have slipped through the cracks.

Oh, and thanks to ghostz, I found this user on Youtube who has episodes #1-8 of the French version of Kangoo:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL84879C565775FE33" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Episodes 1 and 5 have the Tiffany and Tiffany with Lady Daisy gag scenes we already know, if anyone wants the complete episodes. I noticed he also has a playlist for Dino Juniors, which is the French title of Dino Babies: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plpp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not sure if that Robin Hood episode where the purple dinosaur is b&g is amongst these or not.
somedude37

Post by somedude37 »

Just wondering if anyone managed to download and check Bandolero yet? Anything of interest to us found in that one?

And on a completely different note, did any of you guys happen to watch/dl the full episode 5 of Kangoo from Youtube?
Anybody notice how there's a scene that parodies JFK's assassination in that episode!? D: Um...no wonder we didn't get this 'toon in the states...
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

well tried to download Bandolero from the russian site, but nothing. Checked those from youtube, no DIDs so far. So any ideas where to search next for the series.
somedude37

Post by somedude37 »

You couldn't get Bandolero from that link on the Russian site I posted? Did you try all the links because they had the episodes uploaded to about 5 different sites. I can't imagine that all of the links are dead yet.
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

well only 1 wasn't dead, but the download rate was 10 KB, and the file was pretty large, so it would take an eternity to download using that link :(
disguiseartist1

Post by disguiseartist1 »

Has anyone checked the series Yatterman? It's supposedly a real campy series and there's a big focus on the villains. I get a real Team Rocket vibe, and I know they managed to produce a few bound and gagged scenes over the years.
scarface

Post by scarface »

disguiseartist1 wrote:Has anyone checked the series Yatterman? It's supposedly a real campy series and there's a big focus on the villains. I get a real Team Rocket vibe, and I know they managed to produce a few bound and gagged scenes over the years.
Which series do you mean? I think there are actually two different ones.
Flyingfoxman

Post by Flyingfoxman »

I've seen the original Yatterman. There isn't a scene to speak of.
patrickxtrem

Post by patrickxtrem »

I do remember in S1 Ep.6 of Spawn TAS, little Cyan is kidnapped by Billy Kincade, a child killer. Cyan gets the treatment for a few seconds. I wish HBO hadn't ended the series with three seasons, cause I would love to see the famous Spawn/Angela fight from the comics. Plus, the live action movie was okay, but the cartoon was better.
scarface

Post by scarface »

Well it's not really an alert (yet), but I just saw that the german Bibi Blocksberg cartoon actually gets a new season with 13 new episodes at the end of august. I will definitely check them out for possible new scenes. The summaries do not sound very promising though, but there is still a chance. I will watch it and keep ya guys up to date.
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

New Kangoo DID scenes in the series "Kangoo aux Jeux"

ep 14 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJoVPf-3Lds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and ep 20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP_N1srlYh0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image Image Image

PS> I still have to check the full series. And did somebody checked or heard of the series S.O.S Croco ?
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Episodes 06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RRww-dK3yg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image Image
Odd that the police don't have official handcuffs...

Episode 08 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeFKQITv5Lo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have checked SOS Croco, there's a tie up with the main girl, Jenny, and the other members in episode 10 (14:00). There is also a monkey woman (the chief's wife) who is frozen by some ray and technically gagged with an apple.

The Croc girl Jenny also has a scene tied hand and foot alone in her secretary outfit after being replaced by a double. I forget the ep number off hand. I'll have to check when I get home.
somedude37

Post by somedude37 »

Whoa! There was a third Kangoo cartoon!? :O Sweet! Good finds all-around!
ghostz

Post by ghostz »

Shadownightjpn found this new Binbougami ga DID scene in ep 11. It's short but better than nothing :)

http://shadownightjpn.deviantart.com/ga ... s#/d5evhwd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scarface

Post by scarface »

Thanks for the info. I think we should get this thread rollin' again, shouldn't we? Although I'm very busy with work I feel like investigating again, but I'm lost in a jungle right now. Unfortunately boards like neptoons are down and megaupload as the most used hoster is busted,so we have to list most shows again. Maybe some new sites are available to find unkown stuff. Is there anyone who still has an overview of the situtation? It would be helpful to get this thread into its old success.